Monday, April 1, 2013

Blogging A to Z in April - A is for April Being Donate Life Month

Well, it has been a while since I blogged here at A Second Heart!  Bean has been doing well (check her out in that picture in the blog header - taken this past week) and I guess I didn't know how to reenter blogging here while lacking the exigence of her illness.  But, I've decided that the Blogging from A to Z and Donate Life Month are the perfect means for making the comeback to posting.  And I realize that I don't need to have it be medically related every time I post, although I have chosen Organ Donation and Transplant for the theme of my A to Z month, so it will continue to be somewhat medically related at least for a little while. 

According to their website, the Blogging A to Z Challenge is:
 Using this premise, you would start beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letterA, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.
So, I am starting today with A.  I thought of using Allomap or Anti-rejection Medication (that may still come up under "I" for immune-suppression), but then I saw that April is Donate Life Month and so I decided that was the perfect first post for this theme!

Donate Life Month is an effort to increase registered donors so the 115,000 men, women and children awaiting organs will have a better chance of finding a match.  There is even a Presidential Proclamation for the month!  So, in honor of that and in the hopes to give back a little for the miracle we have received for my daughter, I will be blogging about Organ Donation and Transplant this April! 

Looking ahead, I will be telling you about Blue and Green Day (April 19), Cardiac Catheterization (on the day that Bean is receiving her first one since that fateful day last year when they bumped her valve during one), Donors and their families, and that will be just the beginning of this week!  I look forward to catching up with those of you who have been wondering how we are doing, spreading the word about organ donation and providing some information about transplant and the aftercare involved with it.  I hope you will join me this month!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on A Second Heart! I love to hear from readers and hope you will visit again!

And, Six Years Later - Marking the Good Times

Hello!  Long time no write on this blog.  I have always included a link to this blog on my email signature to keep people reading Bean...