Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Blue and Green Day - April 19

Today is "B" and I thought I would share some information about the annual "Blue & Green Day," which falls on April 19 this year.  On this day, people are encouraged to don their blue and green to bring awareness to organ donation.  According to the website, the purpose of the day is to "give HOPE to the more than 117,000 people on the organ transplant waiting list; HONOR organ, eye and tissue donors; REMEMBER those that died waiting for their second chance at life; and CELEBRATE the
patients who received the gift of life through transplantation."  So, on April 19, I will be wearing my Donate Life shirt, carrying my Donate Life bag!  I will be honoring not only Bean's donor but all those donors and their amazing families.  I will be celebrating Bean's transplant and the life she received.  And, I will do my best to remember all those who are not able to receive their needed organs while also holding out hope for all those still waiting.

If you have not already registered as an organ donor, please do so here!  There is no greater gift than this - I speak from experience.  And I hope you will consider donning some blue and green on April 19 and sharing my story if you don't have your own to share! 

2 comments:

  1. Blue is also the color for Autism Awareness this month. I will think green as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on A Second Heart! I love to hear from readers and hope you will visit again!

And, Six Years Later - Marking the Good Times

Hello!  Long time no write on this blog.  I have always included a link to this blog on my email signature to keep people reading Bean...