Saturday, May 22, 2010

Why Alice.com Is Great for Parents

I am not receiving any compensation from Alice.com for this post, although I did just add their "refer-a-friend" button to my blog and I will receive $10 off  for each person who signs up and purchases using that button.  But, really, I don't care if you do it through the button on the blog or not, I just think Alice.com is awesome and thought I would share.  For those of you unfamiliar, Alice.com is an online retail option.  They carry all the same things that your local Rite Aid, Walgreen's, etc. would carry.  But, they offer free shipping and great prices and even the ability to use online coupons for your purchases.  I signed up for it a while ago and have used it a few times to purchase formula and paper towels in bulk.  The prices for formula were competitive with our local chains - only one place actually beat their price - and with the free shipping, there was no reason for me to go packing around 10 cans of formula rather than get it delivered straight to my door! 

I personally like Alice.com because I can get on, pick what I want to purchase without having to load the Bean into the car, put her in a "who-knows-what-has-touched-this" shopping cart and tote her around a store!  I will still need to go to the store for more grocery-type items, but as I plan for my six weeks of "single parenting" (my husband will be working in Michigan for six weeks starting the end of June), I definitely will utilize this option much more frequently!  The delivery was not overnight, so it will require you to plan at least a couple of days ahead for what you need, but that isn't bad with free shipping! 

The other thing I love about Alice.com is the origin of the name.  All of you probably remember Alice from the Brady Bunch?   The tag line for the website is "Everyone Needs an Alice!"  I think that's awesome.  In addition, their shopping layout is also really easy to use - they have symbols for all the major rooms in your house (toilet paper roll for the bathroom, pacifier for nursery, bed for bedroom, etc.) and then all things that would be needed in that room - supplies, cleaners, etc. are under that link. If you don't like shopping by room, you can shop by manufacturer/brand, green/organic, premium selections, best deals, or recently added.  Its really genius!

Finally, your orders arrive in a cool Alice.com box with a free gift inside (usually a pen for me), and your items.  Right there at your door!  No loading/unloading the car.  No loading/unloading the kids.  No fighting with the heavy bags or awkwardly packed bags.  No getting to the store only to find out that what you wanted to get is sold out or that you forgot your coupons (coupons available for products will automatically pop up in Alice.com for you) or that you can't remember what it was you were going to the store for in the first place.  Okay, maybe that last one is just me.

So, I encourage you to check out Alice.com - parent or not.  Its a pretty cool online shopping site and if you use the button on my blog you can get $10 off of a $50 purchase - and remember - no shipping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on A Second Heart! I love to hear from readers and hope you will visit again!

And, Six Years Later - Marking the Good Times

Hello!  Long time no write on this blog.  I have always included a link to this blog on my email signature to keep people reading Bean...